ThD (South Africa)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-978-4509
Dr. Fensham joined the faculty of Knox College in 2002.
He is interested in the study of the church (ecclesiology) and its intersection with mission studies and ecology with a focus on Public Missiology. He works with advanced degree students on projects focused on ecclesiology, Missiology, the theologies of David Bosch and Jürgen Moltmann, ecological theology, the theology of Protestant spirituality and the intersection of these themes with contemporary culture. Charles’ present project is to contribute to the development of a public missiology with an emphasis on the public witness of Christian churches in North America.
Charles is a member of the Presbytery of East Toronto and is Minister in Association with Rosedale Presbyterian Church, Toronto.
- Theologies of David Bosch and Jürgen Moltmann
- Ecological theology
- Theology of Protestant spirituality
- Area of teaching: Systemic Theology and Missiology
- Book project: Love Complicated: The Moral Failure of Christian Churches in Relation to LGBTQI+ People. (Awaiting publication)
- To the Nations for the Earth: A Missional Spirituality, Toronto: Clements Academic, 2013.
- Emerging from the Dark Age Ahead: The Future of the North American Church, Toronto: Clements Academic, 2011.
Chapters in Books:
- "Towards a Faithful Christian Community in Canada: A Missiological Response to Religious Change" in The Decline of Established Christianity in the Western World. Peterson, P.S. (ed.), New York: Routledge, 2017.
- Fensham, C.J. & Travis, S. 2016. "What on Earth is Liturgy (leitourgia)?: Liturgy and Ecology." in The Church in God's Household: Protestant Perspectives on Ecclesiology and Ecology. Ayre, C.W. & Conradie, E.M. (eds.), Pietermaritzburg: Cluster Publications.
- "Imagine a Sacramental Tree Planting Conspiracy" in Living Eco Justice. Ottawa: Citizens for Public Justice, 2013. 69-75.
Papers and Articles:
- Fensham, C.J. The Transformative Vision: Public Witness and the poiesis of Christian Social Transformation. Missiology: An International Review. 44:2 (April 2016), 155-166.
- Fensham, C.J. Faith Matters: Towards a Public Missiology in the Midst of the Ecological Crisis. Toronto Journal of Theology. Supplement 1, 2015, 17-28.
|Appointment Status||College||TST Teaching Category|
|Knox College||Regular Tenure Stream |
|Course Code||Course Name||Semester|
|KNT2431HF||Church Ministry Sacraments: Presbyterian and Reformed Views||First Semester|
|KNT3271HS||Doctrines of Reconciliation||Second Semester|
|KNT5651HF||Ecumenical Missional Ecclesiology||First Semester|
|KNF3060HS||Practicum in Mission Partnership: Religion, Culture, and Global Christianity||Second Semester|