For reference, see the video of the workshop on Quality Assurance on the Faculty Assembly Quercus site.
Canonical Information includes:
- Course Code
- Delivery Mode
- Course Title
- Course Description
- “Contact” Hours
- Pre- and/or Co-requisites
A change in any of the above will require governance approval. The information in the course syllabus must match the approved Canonical Information.
For curriculum mapping purposes, as required under UTQAP, information on how the course supports the TST Learning Outcomes for conjoint programs is also required. This is not the same as course outcomes. You will be asked about how the course contributes to the Learning Outcomes (see the Basic Degree and Graduate Handbooks). If you answer no, that it will not be offered as part of a particular program then it will skip to the next program and so on. If you answer yes, then please respond accordingly. It is NOT expected that the course will contribute to every learning outcome of a program.
- 3000/6000 courses: Will require the submission of both the Basic Degree form AND the Graduate form.
- Delivery Mode: The three options are Online, In-person and Hybrid. Details of each of these can be found in Post-Pandemic Course Delivery Goals.
- Course Title: Due to technical reasons accents, colons (:) and slashes (/) cannot be used in the course title and will be removed.
- Course Description: This should not make any reference to delivery methods or form of evaluation. If included these references will be removed before going through the governance approval process.
- Contact Hours: This is based on the 12-week semester, so a two-hour course over the semester would be 24 contact hours and a three-hour course would be 36 hours. This needs to be adhered to when scheduling summer intensive courses.
- Reactivation: For 2023-34, courses last offered in and prior to 2017-18, or that was formally closed within the last five years, will require reactivation. The previous course code may not be available to use again.
- Learning Outcomes: You will be required to indicate which program the course intends to support and to provide information relevant to the TST Program Learning Outcomes as applicable. The TST Program Learning Outcomes can be found in the program Handbooks.