Refer to the MPS SCP Program Handbook for detailed program and admission information.
Please ensure that you have all of the following information prepared and available to you prior to starting the online application form. The online application form has to be completed in one sitting, i.e. it cannot be saved and returned to at a later time. You are required to upload PDF documents with your application as part of the application process. Please only complete one online application.
$32 (CAD). The non-refundable fee is payable by PayPal. Please see Non-Tuition Fees & Payment Methods for more information.
This statement, between 500-750 words, outlines your academic interests and purposes - this is your autobiographical narrative, your statement of interest and why you are interested in taking the certificate. You will upload your Personal Statement as a PDF document at the end of the online application form.
Spiritual Care Identity Description
This description, between 500-750 words, describes your spiritual care identity and your spiritual maturation over time. You will upload your Spiritual Care Identity Description as a PDF document at the end of the online application form.
Supervised Pastoral Education (SPE)
Submit proof of successful completion, current registration, or expected registration in SPE. You will upload a PDF document at the end of the online application form. Only one document should be uploaded for this category. This can be demonstrated by:
- registration/completion of approved SPE course(s) shown on your academic history, OR
- a copy of an acceptance letter from an SPE unit stating that you have been accepted to study at a TST approved centre (this should indicate the start and end dates, as well as the teaching location), OR
- a statement in your Personal Statement that you have applied for SPE, but are awaiting confirmation of placement.
You must send your unofficial transcript (e.g. scans, copies, or academic history which you have downloaded from ACORN) showing your registration, and if available, the cumulative GPA for the minimum of your first five courses (5 X 0.5 FCE). If admitted, the CGPA will be verified by TST. The CGPA is that which shows on ACORN, no other calculation will be used. Most students up load their Academic History from ACORN. Please ensure that the document shows your name and the entire academic history as shown on ACORN including any previous programs you have taken. The document must clearly show your name and your student number. You will upload a PDF document at the end of the online application form. Only one document should be uploaded for this category.
As part of the online application you will asked to list relevant:
- qualifications and/or certifications you hold, including the name of the issuing body and the year of completion;
- current memberships in professional organizations; and
- current and previous work or volunteer experience in spiritual care, ministry, social service, therapy, or community service, including the name of the organization, position, and dates.