With a wide variety of programs (including ten degrees and two certificates awarded conjointly with the University of Toronto), hundreds of courses, an ecumenical environment, interdisciplinary opportunities, and a location in the midst of a vibrant, multicultural city, the Toronto School of Theology is a great choice for theological studies.
Prestigious Degrees and University Affiliation
- Ten of TST's degrees carry the international recognition and prestige of being conferred conjointly by the University of Toronto, which is consistently ranked as one of the world’s top universities. Two conjointly conferred certificates are also offered.
- TST's seven member colleges are affiliated or federated with the University of Toronto, a world-renowned university of over 60,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Large Size and Diversity
- TST has the largest graduate theology program in Canada and is one of the largest ecumenical centres for theological education in the English-speaking world.
- TST's is a consortium of theological schools made up of seven member colleges and over 900 enrolled students, representing an impressive diversity of theological and cultural traditions.
Degree Program Variety
Accreditation and Quality Assurance
Libraries and Research
- TST students in conjoint degree programs have full access and borrowing privileges in the University of Toronto Libraries - one of the leading academic research library systems in world, and the largest academic library in Canada.
- TST member colleges have their own library with full collections reflecting their theological traditions (Trinity College and Wycliffe College share their library), and all member college libraries are part of the University of Toronto Libraries system.
Faculty Expertise and Broad Areas of Scholarship
- TST's regular and graduate degree teaching faculty at its seven member colleges is comprised of over 150 distinguished scholars, representing a variety of educational, cultural and theological backgrounds.
- TST member colleges offer approximately 400 course per year in broad scopes of study, as well as specialized areas of scholarship.
- Although TST students are part of a sizable school within a large university, there are smaller, more personal and welcoming communities within each TST member college providing fellowship, worship, and opportunities for spiritual and academic growth.
- TST is located in the heart of Toronto, Canada's largest city, and one of the world’s most diverse, multicultural and vibrant municipalities.