The following degrees are offered conjointly by Toronto School of Theology (TST) member colleges and the University of Toronto. The degrees are listed below according to the categories of the Association for Theological Schools.
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) - leading to ministerial leadership
- Master of Religious Education (MRE) - to prepare for educational ministries
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS) - a general introduction to theological scholarship
- NEW: Master of Theological Studies (MTS) Theology, Spirituality and the Arts Stream - complements previous professional or academic training
To prepare for specialized ministries:
- Master of Pastoral Studies (MPS)
- Master of Arts in Ministry and Spirituality (MAMS)
- Master of Sacred Music (MSMus)
The information on this site represents the shared elements of the basic degree programs across the TST consortium. Specific information about the basic degree programs should be sought from the college offering the program, as each college sets its own unique curriculum for each program. For information about the admissions requirements, educational purposes, and curricular structures of a specific degree program, refer to the website of the member college that offers the program.
The Basic Degree Handbook outlines common policies and procedures for the basic degrees offered by TST member colleges.
It is possible to earn two degrees in TST colleges in a combined degree program with some credits being counted for both degrees. The combined programs are administered directly by the colleges. The following combined degree programs can be completed in four years rather than five:
MDiv/MRE - Offered and administered through the University of St. Michael's College Faculty of Theology.
MDiv/MPS - Offered and administered through Emmanuel College.
To inquire further, contact the Registrar and Manager of Academic Services.