The following degrees are offered conjointly by the Toronto School of Theology (TST) member colleges and the University of Toronto. Not all TST Colleges offer all degrees. The degrees are listed below according to the categories of the Association for Theological Schools.
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) - leading to ministerial leadership
- Master of Religious Education (MRE) - to prepare for educational ministries
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS) - a general introduction to theological scholarship
- Theology, Spirituality and the Arts Stream
- Urban Community Development Stream
To prepare for specialized ministries:
- Master of Pastoral Studies (MPS)
- Social Service Stream
- Worship and Preaching Stream
- Spiritual Care Stream - Certificate in Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy
- Master of Arts in Ministry and Spirituality (MAMS)
- Master of Sacred Music (MSMus)
The following certificates are offered conjointly by TST member colleges and the University of Toronto. Not all TST colleges offer all certificates.
- Certificate in Theological Studies (CTS)
- Certificate in Theology and Interreligious Engagement (CTIE)
The information on this site represents the shared elements of the basic degree programs across the TST consortium. Specific information about the basic degree programs should be sought from the college offering the program, as each college sets its own unique curriculum for each program. For information about the admissions requirements, educational purposes, and curricular structures of a specific degree program, refer to the website of the member college that offers the program.
The Basic Degree Handbook outlines common policies and procedures for the basic degrees offered by TST member colleges.
It is possible to earn two degrees in TST colleges in a combined degree program with some credits being counted for both degrees. The combined programs are administered directly by the colleges. The following combined degree programs can be completed in four years rather than five:
- MDiv / MRE - offered and administered through the University of St. Michael's College Faculty of Theology
- MDiv / MPS - offered and administered through Emmanuel College
For more information about basic degree programs, directly contact the TST member college offering the program, as noted in the linked program descriptions above.