- Jane and Geoffrey Martin Chair in Church and Community, Emmanuel College, 2010 - present
- Director, Toronto School of Theology, January 1, 2020 - present
Professor Couture’s recent book We Are Not All Victims: Local Peacebuilding in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Lit Verlag, 2016) focused on the peacemaking and reconciliation practices of rural United Methodists Congolese, as they worked to rebuild their society following the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo from 1997 to 2001. Since being at Emmanuel College, she also edited a volume of writings from the international academy of practical theology and a second emerging theologians on evangelism and mission. Since that publication, her current work has been focused on student vulnerability and the pedagogical practices of classrooms teaching interreligious spiritual care. As Director of the Toronto School of Theology, she is exploring narrative practices of leadership.
She is ordained as an elder by the United Methodist Church, holds annual conference membership in Northern Illinois Annual Conference, and is a voluntary ecumenical associate at St. Luke’s Anglican Church in Burlington, Ontario. Her sermons are posted on their website, stlukesburlington.blogspot.com.
- Spiritual Care
- Religious Peacebuilding
- African Religious Experience
- Pamela Couture and Bernd Schroeder, co-editors-in-chief, International Journal of Practical Theology, DeGruyter.
- We Are Not All Victims: Local Peacebuilding in the Democratic Republic of Congo. November, 2016. Lit Verlag.
- Amélé Adamavi-Aho Ekué, Pamela D. Couture and Samuel George, For Those Who Wish to Hear: Emerging Theologicans on Mission and Evangelism. 2019. WCC Publications.
- Complex Identities in a Shifting World. Ed, Pamela Couture, Robert Mager, Pamela McCarroll, Natalie Wigg-Stevenson. Lit Verlag. July, 2015.
- With Pam McCarroll and Nevin Reda (Emmanuel College), "Reforming Spaces for a Postcolonial Inter-religious Practical Theology: Pedagogical Reflections." In Vol 1 (2019): Reforming Practical Theology. The politics of body and space; Auli Vähäkangas, Sivert Angel, Kirstine Helboe Johansen, eds.
- "Human Dignity, Injustice and Ubuntu: Living the Metaphor of Bwino/Bumuntu/White Lime in the DR Congo." In Practicing Ubuntu: Practical Theological Perspectives on Injustice, Personhood and Human Dignity. Jaco Dreyer, Yolanda Dreyer, Edward Foley, and Malan Nel, eds., Bern: Lit Verlag, 2017.
- "A Bishop for His People: Bishop Ntambo Nkulu Ntanda, Democratic Republic of Congo." In Peacemakers-in-Action: Profiles of Religion in Conflict Volume II, ed. by Joyce Dubemsky. Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- "Social Witness and Conversation." In Under the Oak Tree: The Church as Community of Conversation in a Conflicted and Pluralistic World. Ronald J. Allen, John S. McClure, O. Wesley Allen, Jr., eds. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2013.
- "Religious Leaders Voice Concerns About Rwanda’s Intervention in Congo," co-authored with Guy Mande Muyombo Sightings, November 8, 2012.
- "Practical Theology and Social Policy," The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Practical Theology, Bonnie Miller-McLemore, ed., Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 153-162.
|Appointment Status||College||TST Teaching Category|
|Emmanuel College||Regular Tenure Stream |