Essential Quercus Information
The University of Toronto Portal is being replaced by Quercus (pronounced "qwhere-kis"), and the University has started the transition to this new academic toolbox which is powered by Canvas.
As of August 31, 2018, the Blackboard Portal will no longer be available and all courses will be available on Quercus.
"From Portal to Quercus: A Feature Comparison Chart for U of T Instructors and Course Staff" has been created to help instructors and course staff understand the similarities and differences between the two systems. This document can be found here and at the bottom of this page.
What do you need to do?
- Explore Quercus here by using the "sandbox" created for each instructor. If you do not have a "sandbox", contact TST's Registrar and Manager of Academic Services.
- Archive all course content on the Portal by August 2018. A "Blackboard to Canvas" guide for archiving, exporting, and saving course content is available here and below at the bottom of this page.
- Check U of T's Training and Support webpage here for more information.
- All courses with online content will be on Quercus, the new academic toolbox, as of September 2018. Further information for students can be found in the "Quercus (Canvas) Student Guide" found here and below at the bottom of this page.
TST Member CollegesTraining and Support Contacts:
- Wanda Chin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shawn Kazubowski-Houston, email@example.com
- Jo-Ann Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Pries, email@example.com
- Elaine Chu, firstname.lastname@example.org
St Augustine’s Seminary
- Frank Kelly, email@example.com
- Erin Passmore, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avani Pandya, email@example.com
University of St. Michael’s College, Faculty of Theology
Trinity College, Faculty of Divinity
- Sydney Yeung, firstname.lastname@example.org