General Policies of the Toronto School of Ttheology
- Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment - All members of the TST community should have the ability to study, work, and live in a campus environment free from sexual violence, including sexual assault and sexual harassment. To guard against sexual violence and harassment, the Governing Council of the University of Toronto has approved the Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment. All complaints will be guided by a spirit of fairness to each party through an impartial reporting and hearing process. Under the policy, complainants have the right to seek a remedy and respondents have the right to know both the allegations and the accuser. The highest standards of confidentiality are maintained, except in cases of risk of imminent and serious harm to members of the university community or where required by law. Please contact the respective TST member college or TST concerning the application of this policy to TST students, faculty and staff.
In regard to the University of Toronto's Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment, the TST Board of Trustees approved the following on November 3, 2017:
Having the permission of the University of Toronto, TST and its member colleges adopt and accept, effective January 1, 2017, the application of the Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment of the University of Toronto, as approved by the Governing Council on December 15, 2016, with the following qualifications:
- In the case of TST students, the policy applies to both conjoint and non-conjoint students.
- In the case of TST faculty and staff members, paragraphs 74, 75, and 76 of the policy pertaining to decision-making and appeals, do not apply.
- Where a member college already has a policy (or policies) in place to address sexual violence and sexual harassment, such policy (or policies) may apply.
The full text of the University of Toronto's Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment is available here.
- Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities: Service Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Workplace Violence Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Smoke-Free Policy - TST follows the University of Toronto's policy on non-smoking. The policy, effective January 1, 2019, is found here.