On behalf of the Toronto School of Theology (TST) Board of Trustees, the Advisory Committee wishes to inform members of the TST faculty and administrative staff, and the wider University of Toronto community of the vacancy for the Director of the Toronto School of Theology, effective July 1, 2018.
The position of Director is open to a faculty member of a TST member college who is a member of the Graduate Centre for Theological Studies. The position is a five-year term, 60% full-time equivalent position, and is a secondment from the TST faculty member’s home college. The position is based from the TST administrative offices at 47 Queen’s Park Crescent East.
TST Director Position Summary
The Director is the Chief Executive Officer who provides leadership to TST and manages the affairs of TST to ensure that it fulfills its mission and maintains its institutional integrity. Primary areas of responsibility:
- Matters of governance
- Administrative responsibilities
- Collaborative relationship building with member schools and the University of Toronto
- Sustaining academic integrity for University of Toronto Quality Assurance and Association of Theological Schools accreditation
- Providing and promoting a creative vision for TST
- Institutional development and marketing
- Academic qualifications commensurate with faculty membership in the Graduate Centre for Theological Studies.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate, to listen and to work with and through others.
- Proven administrative and managerial skills and experience.
- Commitment to the goals of ecumenism.
- Membership on the faculty of a TST member college and a member of the Graduate Centre for Theological Studies.
- Thorough knowledge of theological education in North America acquired by teaching in a theological college or seminary.
- Appreciation of the distinctive characteristics of theological consortia.
- Experience in relationship-building with cognate departments within the University of Toronto is an asset.
Applicants must include the following documents:
- Current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter of Intent
- Three written references which also include the contact information for each of the referees (email and phone number). References to include one academic reference, one reference from your current workplace, and one reference from the faith community.
Please submit complete applications to the TST Advisory Committee by November 15, 2017, via the following secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full job description, please email request to: email@example.com
Qualifying applicants will be notified with information about interview dates.
For further information, please contact Dr. Stephanie Ling, Chair, TST Advisory Committee, at: firstname.lastname@example.org