59 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 2E6
RENEW is a continuing education event for those on the front lines of theology and practice.
The event is free but registration is required, register here. Unable to make it to Toronto for the event? Watch RENEW on your computer in real time through Knox’s video conferencing technology. For more information about how to participate remotely, contact John Henderson. Access Knox’s YouTube channel here or by clicking on the YouTube icon at the bottom of the screen.
LIVING THE REFORMATION TODAY: THREE ISSUES
Tuesday, November 8, 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Truth and Reconciliation: Calls to Action for Seminary and Church
The truth and reconciliation commission made 94 calls to action. Focusing on specific calls to action, we will learn how seminary curricula are incorporating specific calls and also hear how congregations are implementing them.
- Jonathan Hamilton Diablo, Co-Chair of the University of Toronto’s Task Force on Truth and Reconciliation; Director, Aboriginal Student Services; Coordinator, Council of Aboriginal Initiatives First Nations House
- The Rev. Susan Samuel, member Healing and Reconciliation Advisory committee PCC (2002-12); Presbyterian rep at the KAIROS Indigenous Rights Circle
- Joyce Johnston and Sheila Robson from Cape Croker reserve
- The Rev. Bob Geddes, Moderator
Wednesday, November 9, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Doctor Assisted Death, Part 2 (follow up from RENEW 2015)
Beginning with a legal update on current legislation, a panel will explore questions from a Reformed theological perspective and consider the issues with which clergy and pastoral visitors struggle in providing care.
- John Woods, V P Strategic Initiatives, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Hamilton
- The Rev. Dr. Christine O’Reilly, Minister, Thedford Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. Dr. John Vissers, Director of Academic Programs and Professor of Historical Theology, Knox College
- The Rev. John Henderson, Moderator
Wednesday, November 9, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Lois Stewart Klempa Memorial Inaugural Lecture: Insights from the Middle East
The Rev. Ian Ross McDonald, General Secretary, Life and Mission Agency of the PCC, will present his observations and reflections on his recent visit to the Middle East.
For more information and how to register, see the Event Website Link above or click here.
31 King's College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 1A1
More information to come.
PhD (Cape Town)
email@example.com | 416-593-5600 ext. 229
PhD (St. Michael's)